What is a YouthBuild Mentor?
A mentor is an individual who wants to have a positive impact on a young adult’s life. He or she is a trusted person, one who is caring and provides positive solutions and support. As a mentor, you will have the opportunity to provide access to people and opportunities outside the mentee’s daily routine and environment.
- Attend mentor orientation and training sessions.
- Make a commitment to mentoring a Project YouthBuild student.
- Meet in-person with mentee for four (4) hours per month.
Mentor eligibility requirements
- Must be over 21 years of age
- Must complete an application
- Attend a face-to-face interview session
- Pass criminal record and child abuse registry checks
- Satisfactory employment and personal reference checks
To sign up to be a Mentor or to learn more send us an email at
firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at (352) 225-3307
Become a part of their story–Be a Mentor!